- Frenzel glasses are a diagnostic tool used for the medical evaluation of nystagmus(peripheral vestibular nystagmus).
- They are named after Frenzel, a German physician.
- To disable the patient's ability to visually fixate on an object which will suppress the Nystagmus
- Allowing the examiner to adequately visualize the eye.
- This is done by using high-powered (+20 diopters) magnifying glasses with an illumination system.
- There are two types of Frenzel glasses -- optical and video.
- The Video Frenzel Glasses are far preferable, but they are more costlier.
- The Optical Frenzel Glasses are portable and less costly.
- Illuminated frenzel glasses are used in detecting Nystagmus.
Don't Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on Frenzel Glasses