All methods of ART, by definition, involve interventions to retrieve oocytes. These techniques includes IVF, ICS!, GIFT, ZIFT, Cryopreserved embryo transfers, and the use of donor oocytes.
Different methods of ART
- IVF - ET In vitro fertilization and embryo transfer
- GIFT Gamete intra fallopian transfer
- ZIFT Zygote intra-fallopian transfer
- POST Peritoneal oocyte and sperm transfer
- SUZI Subzonal insemination
- ICSI Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection
- Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation using gonadotropins, follicular development monitoring with TVS and assessment of serum estradiol levels.
- Prevention of premature LH surge and ovulation.
- Oocyte maturation using hCG.
- Oocyte retrieval.
- Fertilization by IVF or ICSI.
- In vitro embryo culture.
- Luteal support or endometrial preparation using progesterone supplementation.
- Transfer of fresh embryos with possible cryopreservation of excess embryos.
- First trimester pregnancy monitoring.
- GIFT, ZIFT, IVF and ET are assisted reproduction technique
Don't Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES (ART)